Friday, March 23, 2012

Vernal Equinox

I find the "fire feasts" fascinating. So many stories revolve around them. From the times of Druids, they have been revered as a mystical time of year. That being said, the vernal equinox is my favorite. I love spring-it is the renewal of life to me. Buds on trees. Grass turning green. Flowers blooming. This year, the weather has been incredible, to the point of skipping over spring and going right into summer. "Spring has sprung" early. I have a magnolia tree in my front yard that has bloomed and is now losing its flowers, and it's only March 23.

The vernal equinox is the first of the fire feasts, a thought the brings to mind the winter one. DH has friends that have a winter solstice party every year. This year, if you believe the Mayan calendar, that day will mark the end of the world. Would that be so bad? For me, I'm in the middle of March Madness at work (not the basketball kind), so I'm overwhelmed, and tired and over stressed. After 25 years of this, I think I've learned to handle the pressure with a little more grace, but that doesn't keep me from wishing for a little more peace. "Stop the world" I want to get off sort of mentality. Isn't that what the Mayans are proposing? Although right before Christmas does seem awkward timing - or maybe fortuitous timing.

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment