Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My favorite books of 2017

As an author, I'm also an avid reader. Last year, I highlighted my favorite reads for the year, and I thought I'd continue that tradition. I keep a list over at Goodreads of books that are on my Kindle and on my bookshelf, along with the books I've read and reviewed. I have to say I'm disappointed in Goodreads this year - Amazon owns them and they've changed some of their rules. I also play around over at Librarything. Some habits are hard to change. I'm considering a wholesale changeover, but we'll have to see as time goes on. Maybe Amazon will realize readers (and authors) shouldn't be trifled with.

I'm ranking these based on when I finished them, and on the basis that I gave each of them 5 stars. I give books 5 stars if I would happily read each of these books a second time. There were many excellent books that didn't get 5 stars, which doesn't mean they aren't worthy of the list, but there has to be a line of demarcation. You can find out more about the books I read at My Goodreads Review Page. Here are some of my favorite reads from 2017! (Keeping in mind some of these are "older" books and not books released in 2017)

The Duchess Deal - Tessa Dare

Perfectly Honest, - Linda O'Connor

The Cinderella Deal - Jennifer Cruisie

The Girl with the Make Believe Husband - Julia Quinn

Until There Was You - Kristan Higgins

Not Even Past: A Tai & Trey Short Story - Tina Whittle

Perfectly Planned - Linda O'Connor

First Star I See Tonight - Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Heather and Velvet - Teresa Medeiros

Ravished - Amanda Quick

Animal Magnetism - Jill Shalvis

No comments:

Post a Comment