Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Oh, I'm Being Followed by a Moonshadow

We had a supermoon this week. Did anyone see it? Officially, it was Tuesday night, but I happened to be up in the middle of the night on Monday night (Happy New Year!) and as I paddled into the bathroom, I looked out the window and saw...

Shadows. At three o-clock in the morning. The moon was casting shadows. Have I mentioned my life is a musical? Enter Cat Stevens.

Tuesday night I was watching the news with my husband and they were advertising the supermoon, and I told my husband I'd already seen it - or close to it - and I told him it made me think of Cat Stevens. This is where he turns to me, brow furrowed. So I sang for him. His response, "You were awake enough to think of that?"

Hey, if I'm moving, I'm awake, and I was moving. Yes, I was awake enough to break into song. Quietly, mind you, but singing at three a.m., nonetheless.

"Did it take long to find me? I asked the faithful light./Did it take long to find me? And are you gonna stay the night? o-o-o-oh..."
Songwriters: Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam
Moonshadow lyrics © BMG Rights Management US, LLC


A | BN iB | K

4 comments:

  1. Loving that big moon this week...and tonight moonshadows on snow! A rarity here in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have snow, too, which makes it seem that much brighter as it reflects off the ground!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the earworm! Better than Maxwell's Silver Hammer, which was yesterday. Funny thing, Hubster started singing it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Bang, bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer... Yes, now I've got THAT in my head...

      Delete