Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Running Just to Catch Myself

So as I was contemplating what to share with you all this week, I had an idea about recycling an old post. I may have mentioned this is the busy time of year for me, a time when I struggle to maintain my sanity. As I was scrolling back in my posts to find that brilliant idea I wanted to expound on, I realized I posted the same thing twice. Granted, it was two months apart, but with all the other things going on in my life right now, I just plain forgot. What other things, you ask? A couple of deaths in the family, making an offer on a house. You know. Nothing stressful.

Anybody else have those moments when you lose track of what you're doing because you're juggling too many balls? And then one hits you *smack* in the head? How come nobody pointed this error out to me? 😨💬

These are the moments where you stop, take a deep breath, and regroup. For me, these are the times I usually retreat into my writing cave to decompress, but since these are all things that require me to be "present in the moment," I can only dart to that cave for small spaces of time.

I'm thankful to have family support to help me through the rough spots. A walk with The Big Guy. Spending time with my daughter and her little bundles of love. A visit from One Young Son. Support from my sisters. I am well and truly blessed.

And I am getting *some* time in that writing cave. The next book in the Epitaph series is coming along - maybe slower than I'd like, but I'm managing to get words on the page. While I'm getting my act together, you can buy that first book in the Epitaph series for less than a cup of coffee this month. EPITAPH is on sale through March. Start at the beginning (although I should mention these books are all stand-alone) and if you find you like the families, each of the siblings has their own story.

Thanks for your support.




  A | BN | iB | K      A | BN | iB | K     A | BN | iB | K      A | BN | iB | K  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had nearly the stressors, and yet I look at a critique partner's comments pointing out my character introduced herself twice. In the same paragraph. And I missed it on my chapter read-through. This WIP is going to require some heavy-duty editing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the other critique partner missed it entirely! Must slow down and pay attention!

      Delete