Friday, October 23, 2009

Cleveland Rocks

This has been a busy week for me.  In addition to my regular job, I've been training and traveling.  I did a whirlwind visit to Cleveland - first time I've been IN the city.  I've driven BY it before on the expressway (is it the turnpike through Ohio?) a number of years ago.  Props to the office there - they have a beautiful location on Lake Erie, overlooking the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and Browns Stadium.  (They're also very friendly folks :-) )

My cabbie asked me how it compared to Chicago.  Keep in mind, I only saw it through the window of a cab and the window of the office building, but as I told him, it looks "clean" compared to Chicago.  In MY big city, we have tall skyscrapers crowded together that take on a dirty kind of look.  Don't get me wrong, I love Chicago, and there are magnificent buildings in the city, but Cleveland, by comparison, looked shiny and new.  I'll have to go back when I'm not buzzing in and out so quickly!

The traveling has put me behind with my home life again (of which my writing is a part).  It took me the rest of the week to catch up with myself, but here I am (and a cat helping me with my post, just to make sure).  My inclination tonight would be to post about efficiency, and hard working people versus slackers, but I'm not wanting to dwell on the troubles of the week, so I'm just going to keep it short while I take a deep breath now that I've caught up to myself and maybe my creativity will spark better tomorrow and I can blog something more fun.

Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment