Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Too much Merry Christmas?

Yes, I'm afraid so.  Even for a Christmas Crazy like myself.

When my daughter was about three, we had a birthday party for her.  And another one.  And another one (think friends, Mom's side, Dad's side).  This in addition to a smaller family celebration.  I'll never forget by the time it was over she was clinging to me and crying "No more happy birthday."  Too many parties.

That's kind of what it feels like this year.  With the kids getting older, they have significant others to spend family time with which multiplies the number of times we all have to celebrate Merry Christmas, not wanting to leave anyone out on our list of loved ones, and I have to tell you, I've had too many celebrations.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family - ALL of them, but kids who have already celebrated several times are anxious to get back to their own lives, rich food settling heavy in my stomach - yeah.  I'm done.

On to New Year's.  One party (can't prolong New Year's Eve, now can we?).

Do I sound like a humbug? 

Oh well.  Happy New Year, everyone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment