Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Balancing and juggling

Okay, one week to go to the next deadline, and this one is a doozy!  Sorry, it kind of dominates my life right now, except . . .

Yes, I'm getting excited about the book signing, even though the new book isn't out yet.  I have a new chapter down for Epitaph and another chapter "brewing."  I'm anxious to spend some quality time with my keyboard, and yet, I'm at least getting intermittent time so I can keep my hand in it.  It's a precarious balance, this working full time gig while entertaining the writing muse.  Some days it's near impossible, and yet, here I am.

Taking deep breaths, knowing that soon the balance will shift.

Billy Joel said in a lecture that people who wondered if they could be musicians weren't.  If you don't know, then you aren't.  I believe the same applies to most artists.  It's in your DNA.  That being said, writing is something I've done all of my life.  It took a while to get to where I am today, and I still have a ways to go (along with more juggling and more balancing). It's a part of who I am - the best is yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic. And I hope to see some more of Epitaph, plus any other new stuff. Enjoy the signing!

    ReplyDelete