Thursday, September 9, 2010

The end of an era.

Have any of you see those commercials with "Mayhem," the guy selling insurance? I LOVE those commercials! And in line with that, I find myself "emotionally compromised" this week. As a result, I'm limiting my post (yes, I know I'm overdue this week).  I'll come up with some bright and witty and relevant over the weekend.  In the meantime, I'm going to recycle one of my favorite Mayor Daley moments.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Chicago, and I don't actually live in the city - so I can appreciate the Mayor from a distance - Mayor Daley has been in control of the city for more than 20 years - 6 terms.  You would be hard pressed to find a politician more passionate about his job.  Some call him a political machine, almost like a gangster, but the man loves the city and whatever his motives, he only wants what's best for his home town.  He isn't looking for personal gain, he isn't running for president.  He loves his job.  He has had some very colorful quotes - he speaks his mind - and now that he's announced his retirement, I'm including one of my favorites below.  Enjoy!




Best Of Mayor Richard M. Daley

No comments:

Post a Comment