Saturday, November 6, 2010

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Some days I'd like to be a Muppet.

Was sitting with my Dear Husband the other night and he asked me a question.  My response was, "Yup."  So he repeated me (considering I was using poor English).  So I repeated with a "Yup Yup Yup."  Which brought to mind the Muppets, and Sesame Street (more accurately) and the Martians trying to identify what species of life a telephone was.  It sent me into giggles, but DH, who is just enough older than I am to have missed out on Sesame Street, had no idea what I was giggling about.  So I tried to explain it to him, but it got lost in translation.  Fortunately, in this day and age, you can find most anything on the internet (or You Tube, in this case), so I was able to send him a link.  NOW he understands.  Now HE says "Yup Yup Yup," to which I respond with "Brrrring." (you can visit my FaceBook page for the link to the You Tube video.)

Elemental.  Regression to youth, when life wasn't quite so complicated.  I'm still struggling to finish my book, not because I don't know how to get there, but because I'm juggling hours in a day.  One of the only reasons I wouldn't mind being a kid again - fewer responsibilities and more "play" time.  It's these type of things that provide a break from everyday life - stress relief.

So back to finishing my story - I'm in the homestretch!  And instead of blogging, I need to spend some time putting down chapters.  Almost done . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment