Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flu Season

Well, I've survived the blizzard of 2011.  Fortunately (or unfortunately) I missed out on it as a result of Influenza, Type A.  I don't normally get sick, so I didn't get a flu shot.  Reconsidering that position for next year, especially as this persists. . .

Another rejection for the scrap pile.  This is disheartening, since I think the query is pretty sharp, but I'm still plugging away.

My mission for this year is to get the stories I have sitting on the shelf either market ready, or permanently retired.  With all this down time courtesy of the flu, one would assume I would have lots of spare time to dedicate.  Sorry.  Not the case.  Hard enough to concentrate without trying to be creative, but my goal remains.  Living Canvas remains my modeling clay - that story still needs work, so I can still shape it the way I need to.  Epitaph is pretty solid, although it can always use some tightening, and Legend People is 90% ready IMHO.  That being said, the latter two are strong contenders and ready for the shopping process (which is started).

Back to Living Canvas - this is the story without a strong focus.  I've twisted it and turned it and actually had some passing interest from one agent.  I think there's hope for it yet, and in this world where we all have some symbiotic connection (people come into your life at a particular time for a reason), I'm renewing my interest in the focus that interested the last agent.  The symbiotic connection?  That's a story unto itself that you wouldn't believe if I told you.  Life fascinates me sometimes, but I'll save that for a later post.  In the meantime, I have to continue my road to recovery - this flu won't let go! 

1 comment:

  1. My plan is to get more stories off the shelf too, and to work on the one that's got a contract. Of course, the family may have other plans, like get a job...

    ReplyDelete