Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The end of summer

I'm a summer person. I like the warm/hot weather. Here in Chicago, we went from consistent 80 degree temperatures one day to 60 the next, for the next 10 days, at least, right up to the start of autumn. We've had a good run as far as summers go. The grass never died, which is a typical by-product of the climate in this part of the country. Generally, we have a couple of dry months. This year, we have a surfeit of rain. The temperatures have been comfortable (although the humidity has been worse than usual). And so we begin the descent into the cool months.

Summer is my most productive writing time by virtue of my day job. Shorter hours, less overtime give me the opportunity to put that time to better use. While I do write year round, there are more scheduling issues in the spring. And the winter? That's when I binge read. I curl up inside with a good book. Oh sure, I read in the summer. And that's when I prefer paperbacks, because I can take them out onto the deck and enjoy the sun, or a cool evening. Being fair-skinned, I have to limit my time outside (and its so easy to lose track of time when I read!)

The new book is back from the editor. I'm planning a launch party on FaceBook, but I don't have a release date yet (still hoping for October), so stay tuned. In the meantime, I'm running a special on Living Canvas for Nook at Barnes and Noble for 99 cents (if you don't have a Nook, you can download the Nook App) in preparation for the release. You don't have to read Living Canvas to appreciate Return to Hoffman Grove (formerly known as Rekindling), however Cinda wanted her own book, so you'll see her stepping out of Living Canvas to take the stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment