Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Research - Location: Sedona

Several years ago, I visited a friend in Sedona with the intent of incorporating their famous "vortexes" into a story. At that time, I didn't have any clear ideas in mind, and I ended up writing a {ahem} piece of crap story (they can't all be winners) that will never see the light of day, and which did NOT incorporate said vortexes. Instead, I used the Hoodoos in Bryce Canyon, but again, the story failed miserably.

Lo and behold, I've found a use for those vortexes! They will be making an appearance in Kundigerin 3, Rising Mist. Going back over my photos, I thought I'd share some with you.

Bell Rock


Twisted juniper trees are said to mark the vortex

Me and the Big Guy overlooking Sedona from Airport Mesa

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention this. I have a scene in Peril by Ponytail that takes place in Sedona. My hairdresser sleuth consults a psychic about the vortexes and some orbs she's photographed. The scenery is so breathtaking there that anybody would feel a connection to nature and a higher power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that there is something unearthly about Sedona's beauty. It attracts all sorts, but it's easy to understand why.

      Delete