Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What I'm Working On

Life it hectic, life is busy, so I thought I'd just share a piece of what I'm working on with you.

Kevin curled his arm around Amy's waist and they strolled down the sidewalk. “Listen, I don’t want to make a big deal out of this, but I’m curious. That woman in the restaurant. Did you write an epitaph for her?”
No point in denying it. “Yes.”
“That’s amazing. You didn’t know her before tonight, did you?”
Amy clenched her teeth. “I thought the interview was over.” 
With one step, Kevin stood in front of her. “Amy, that was impressive. She actually thanked you.” 
“They don’t always.” She locked eyes with him. 
“How do you do it?” 
“Can we talk about something else?” she asked. 
“The people who don’t thank you—what’s their reaction?” 
Amy swallowed. He was one of those people. “I don’t want to talk about the epitaphs.” 
His cell phone rang and he answered the call. This was where “something suddenly came up” and he’d have to go. Credit him for making it this far. When he proved her right, she had to bite the inside of her cheeks to keep from commenting. If she said anything, it would probably be accompanied by tears. 
She’d scared off another potential boyfriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment