Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Circle of Life

It has been an eventful week in my world. I'd like to dedicate my blog space today to those people who need extra thoughts and prayers.

Last weekend, I lost one of my aunts. I didn't know her well, but the few times I did meet her, she was gracious and kind and loving. I know my uncle will miss her greatly, and I extend my deepest sympathies to him and to the rest of her family.

I also found out that a friend of the family was taken to the emergency room and had surgery from which he is now recovering. Thoughts go out to Author, Mary Doria Russell, and her family while her brother recovers in the hospital.

Adding one more to the list, I learned this week that someone I knew in high school has brain cancer from which she is not expected to recover. She was a fun person when I knew her, and although we didn't stay close, the testimonies of her friends and family speak to a life well-lived. It was a privilege to say I knew her "when."

Needless to say, it draws into focus the value of the relationships in our lives, and that life is too short to hold grudges or shut out the people that we love.

Today, I am celebrating some of my most valued relationships - spending time with my sisters (and thinking of another sister who isn't able to join us).

Celebrate the lives of the people you care about - you never know how much time you'll have with them. Today, I celebrate the lives of Audrey Borchardt and Chris Pomahac, and for Rich Doria, I send you wishes for a full recovery so that you can toss another caber and string another bow.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment