Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Ten Things You notice or do when you're stuck with your writing

1. Oh, look! I'm 16k words into the new manuscript.

2. Too many characters whose names start with the letter "G."

3. What do you call those statues on Easter Island?

4. Google, show me pictures of...

5. Hey, remember that episode of Night Gallery where... (because yes, this is a ghost series and I LOVED watching Night Gallery, and One Step Beyond, and The Twilight Zone and all those other Rod Serling things)

6. Oh. I have email.

7. Did someone say Candy Crush?

Write "what comes next" without it having to make sense (also called outlining). Oh, wait. That's productive.

8. Excuse me, I need to send an email to my best friend.

Hey, what a great day to take a walk. I think I'll invite my characters to go with me and tell me what comes next. (Oh. That's productive, too.)

9. What are my friends on Facebook doing?

10. Read.



2 comments:

  1. You forgot "Critique a chapter for a crit partner."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is CERTAINLY on of those things which belongs on the list :-)

    ReplyDelete