Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Gardens and Topiaries

My latest obsession is topiaries. This from someone who definitely does NOT have a green thumb.

I'm very fortunate to have a house once inhabited by someone who knew how to garden. I've been able to plant and have success, although not nearly as much as the previous owner. With very little maintenance, I can actually grow things! I have tremendous respect for people who take the time to make their plants more beautiful. When I walk around my neighborhood, many of the yards have beautifully landscaped gardens.

With a little fresh air and sunshine, this is what my vegetable gardens look like. For a number of years, I had a strawberry patch that thrived out there, but with a couple of years where I was unable to do any gardening, even the strawberries suffered from lack of attention.

Inside, I've had *this* plant for probably 20 years. It's an ivy, and I have it creeping over my cupboards. It keeps growing, but this is what it looks like. Bare vine on one side, leaves on the other.

When I visited Disney, these sculptures were made from flowers and plants. Aren't they amazing?












No comments:

Post a Comment