Wednesday, September 11, 2019

When Life Hits the Pause Button

Just when you think you have everything figured out...

The good news: The audio book for COOKIE THERAPY is completed and in the final production phases. If you haven't signed up for my newsletter, now's a good time! I'll be sending out news as soon as it's available, along with fun exclusively for subscribers.

The other good news: The Big Guy is still working on clearing out his infection, and it seems to be getting better. We're making daily trips to the procedure clinic so they can continue to shoot him full of antibiotics. Hopefully he can put this behind him early next week (trust me when I tell you he's had enough fun).

The not so good news: I haven't had dedicated writing time. However, with the first draft completed, I'm mainly working on making sure it all makes sense and adding in missing details, etc. I'm one of those backward writers (any other ones out there?) who writes a sparse first draft and goes back to fill in the missing stuff later. Most authors I know write too much detail on their first draft and end up cutting copious amounts of words. What can I say? I've always done things a little differently. I HAVE been spending time with the story, and while I'd love to tell you all about it, because my thoughts are scattered all about these days, I'd hate to tell you one thing and have it end up to be something altogether different! Still wondering what the title will be, and I may post something over at my Facebook page for your input once I get some ideas to toss around.

My "to do" list is being addressed. With things settling down just a little bit, I'm concentrating on getting this new book ready for editing.

Back in the groove next week (or so I hope!). Keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment