Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Stop and smell the roses - or orange blossoms

Horned Owl Hollow is with the editor! I'm in a wait and see pattern for what she might find that has yet to be addressed. This is often when I start thinking about what comes next. The original intent is to make this book a first in series. 

I'm not ready.

2022 was a long year with a lot of curve balls, so I'm just taking a minute to "be." 

I've taken some time to tackle the marketing that goes with releasing a book, like creating a trailer and promotional graphics. I'll need to snip excerpts to share. But the next major item on my agenda is a trip!

For the first time in four years, I'm getting on an airplane (wish me luck!) and traveling across the big, blue ocean. My niece is getting married in Spain! (Or at least going through the motions for the family - she already married her handsome husband.) DH and I have gone through the motions of taking several trips over the last couple of years, but never actually went through with booking them for a variety of reasons, not the least of which includes the problems the air traffic industry has had. We were determined to make this one happen and went ahead and booked our flights and an AirBNB. Woo hoo! But what are we going to do while we're there aside from the wedding? I mean, you don't fly across the ocean just for the weekend, generally. (Wait. I did that once - to the UK... but I digress) Fortunately, we have a niece who lives there who is ready to share ideas. So this is what we're thinking, along with the options other people are looking at.

Flamenco dancing anyone? What about a paella making class? And the local soccer team is scheduled to have a game while we're there. There are city tours, and a Haunted Seville tour (yes, I'll be taking that one, and if you read Horned Owl Hollow, you'll know why!). But what about other tours? We're close enough to the coast to do a day trip to Gibraltar (yes, we scheduled that one, too). They say you can see Africa from the top of the Rock, and some folks are going to hop on over to Morocco since it's just a little farther. For Amazing Race fans, you might have seen Malaga and Ronda. Those are also day trips from Seville. There's Cordoba and Granada. Bull fighting arenas and palaces and multi-cultural cathedrals and towers. Such exciting options! And did I mention the orange blossoms should be in bloom?

But most exciting will be the bride and groom. Brushing up on my Spanish...

What would you want to see if you were taking the trip with me?



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be busy! I've never been to Spain, so I'd be looking around for things to do. My son's a part-time travel agent, so he'd be my first call. Hit some wineries, I think, would be on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot to mention the olive oil farm, and as for alcohol, I’m not much of a drinker, and didn’t see any advertised wineries or breweries that I can remember.

    ReplyDelete