Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Recharging - Field Trip

As I prepared for the next editing pass, I took a field trip to get out of the house and clear my head. The best way to go back to the work in process is to forget about it so I can come back to it "fresh." 

I met up with a long-time friend to walk around the arboretum, which is displaying new sustainable art. The weather was perfect, the company was great. We walked through the hedge maze, climbed the treehouse in the middle, and I found several of my favorite beech trees. I think this is the first time I've been back since I wrote The Garden, and I saw Bryan and Gwen everywhere I looked. 

We found four of the five sculptures on our scavenger hunt around the arboretum

Ear to the Ground

Strata 

Stillness in motion

Oculus


Ona (we didn't get to this one, but isn't she beautiful?)
(a reason to go back, eh Janet?)
Photo courtesy of mortonarb.org

A successful diversion! 

In other news, the audio for Horned Owl Hollow seems to be having issues at the distributor end, but I think we've ironed all that out. Now it's just a matter of finding its way to the proper channels again. For my newsletter subscribers, I expect to send your codes by the end of the month. Thank you for your patience. 


4 comments:

  1. Getting away is as important as doing the work. The brain needs time to do something else. And that looks like a lot more fun than laundry.
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more fun than laundry. And I got all my steps in, too (and then some!).

      Delete
  2. The Ona sculpture is beautiful! I reason to return, indeed

    ReplyDelete