Wednesday, November 1, 2023

All Saints Day


Yesterday was Halloween (in case you didn't know). Years ago, my oldest sister made me this house. The roof has an opening in the back for handing out candy. I have been using this house, even when it's just for decoration, for decades. 

This house has more meaning to me these days. Now it also serves as a remembrance of my oldest sister who is no longer with us. She was "my person."

She was creative and had such a positive outlook and touched the lives of everyone who knew her. As this is All Saints Day, I wanted to remember her on my blog. 

I was blessed with three older sisters, and as I think of how much they have all influenced me, I'm grateful to have them as part of my life. It helps me appreciate my own children in a different way.

Sometimes, when FOMO hits or I'm missing my kids, I'm grateful to know they spend time with each other, expanding on their sibling bond. No one knows you like your sisters/brothers. Not even your parents. The sibs know secrets your parents don't (or do, but don't let on to). They share a piece of your DNA, the one that says, "I get you and I know the things that shaped your life." Built in empathy.

Something the world needs a lot more of these days.

Taking a moment to remember those souls who are no longer walking with us, and extending peace to those doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment