Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Chasing Butterflies

Here, I thought I'd have SO MUCH free time on my hands, and that isn't the case.

In the past month, we've had lots going on, and I figured this week was going to be a "what do I do now?" week. Funny how things keep showing up on my calendar. And if that isn't enough, the chapters for the audio book are populating for me to approve, and I'm caught up in listening to COOKIE THERAPY all over again. Still one of my favorites! (although all my books are my favorites, but I do have a soft spot for this one...) Hopefully, I can make an announcement next week, and if you're a newsletter subscriber, watch your inbox for news!

LEGO exhibit, Morton Arboretum 
Then, there’s the matter of the book I'm currently working on. Having decided to steer back into my lane, I have work to do on that one, but with guests and audio and whatnot, I've been distracted. And then a friend suggested a movie/book to watch/read for ideas. So I've been reading. I've already got my groundwork laid, however, and although I'm enjoying the "reference" book, I tend to take a more subtle approach in my writing. It is, however, sparking my creative processes. Now, I just need to apply myself to the story I'm writing! Instead, I'm chasing butterflies. With all the distractions, every time I go to open my file and start in, something else pops up to distract me. Fortunately for me, I'm not on a deadline. Yet.

Digging my heels in, preparing the new book for you, but the audio book will release first. Can't wait for you to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment