Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Hallow-Thanks-Mas

I was in our local WalMart the other day and wouldn't you know they're already stocked for Christmas? And Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I'm one of those "one holiday at a time" kind of people.

With that being said, I've been working on a "Hallmark-type" story that I want to share for Christmas, so I suppose I've been skipping holidays myself. I'm pleased to announce the story is queued up and ready to go. More details in my next newsletter (are you subscribed?). There's a fun little reference in the story to marzipan pigs, which confection I saw at the Christkindlmarkt one year. Of course, they also had marzipan angels and reindeer, but pigs? Too fun to ignore. 



More in keeping with THIS holiday, while I've been out and about I've seen numerous decorations for Halloween, which I have been documenting on my Instagram page (do you follow me there?) I went to the doctor's office last week to get my flu shot and even THEY were decorated, including "Welcome My Pretties" and "Laboratory" signs on their lab. They also had a witch's hat and shawl positioned over one of the chairs.

Which (witch?) reminds me, my new novel will be coming soon! {wink wink}

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new release. I'm also a one-at-a-time holiday person, and not celebrating Christmas means seeing it start before Halloween doesn't excite me. Halloween does fall by the wayside in this rural neighborhood--dirt roads, steep hills, and far-apart houses means we don't get trick-or-treaters (but the neighborhood hosts a "Harvest PartY" with trunk-or-treat for the kids.)

    Our family is still trying to decide who's hosting Thanksgiving this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its my turn for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the reminder

      Delete