Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The world of audio

 Well, I did it!

LANDSLIDE is officially an audiobook. It is still making its way to all the outlets. Newsletter subscribers can download the e-book free (there are benefits to receiving my newsletter!). 

As I mentioned in my last post, the recording isn't perfect. It was a learning curve, and for a free novella, it's reasonably well done. If you should happen to listen to it, I'd love to know how badly I did (or if I'm my own worst critic). I've learned a lot about normalizing, limiters, peaks and RMS. I've checked the silence gaps. There are still places you might hear me breathe, although I think I got the majority of places where I slur my words or truncate them (dialect patterns). I made a "pick-ups" sheet for myself, a list of things that needed to be fixed/corrected, and while going through it, there was one word I thought I'd slurred through, but when I went looking for it, the pronunciation was correct, so now I'm curious if anyone else hears it the way I did when I marked it for correction.

Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm considering producing one of my full-length novels.

Time to get back to the new book project, which is still giving me fits. I'm sure once I dedicate some time to it, everything will come together, but in addition to the audiobook recording, I've also been working on marketing for BREAKING THE MOLD (the ebook is available for pre-order, the paperback is live! and the audiobook is still in production). Busy woman, over here. 

Click to view details for my currently featured books/audiobooks

Ebook on sale February 1

New in audio


2 comments:

  1. More power to you for doing your own audio. I just hired a narrator for my newest book.

    ReplyDelete