Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Ghost stories

I'm full speed ahead on the new book, and I have a date with the editor. You can look for the final Hoffman Grove installment (yes, this is definitely the last one) to hit the shelves in July. 

In the meantime, I'm also preoccupied with the new series plans. Two very distinct fieldtrips leading to three very definite story lines, which I intend to jump into as soon as this one is done. (More fieldtrips planned.) Since I'm going back to the "haunted" theme, one of the inevitable questions people ask me is "Do you believe in ghosts?" Most recently, the docent on my last house tour. My answer? "I don't NOT believe in them." Have I had ghostly experiences? I'd have to say yes, because I've been able to supply examples when people ask me. Are they the typical hauntings you expect when you think of ghosts? No. They will, however, hold me in good stead as I dream up scary stories to tell you! Hoping I don't scare myself! I have to say writing the Epitaph series scared me a few times.

I'm thinking I might share a few ghost stories right here on my blog as I prepare to spend more time in haunted houses. 


Which brings me to my question today. Have you ever had a ghostly experience? 

2 comments:

  1. No ghostly experiences here, although we stayed with a friend, and he said a ghost visited our bedroom and rearranged jewelry. Of course, the Hubster had to arrange the earrings I'd brought on the trip as a test. The ghost apparently didn't want to play his games, as they were exactly the same the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your earrings weren’t her style 😂

      Delete