Friday, August 3, 2018

Crepuscular rays - Fingerprints of God

Q:  How many times do I hear people asking me what goes on inside an author's mind?
A: More times than I can count!

Today, I share with you some of those thoughts...

When I left the house this morning to take my morning constitutional, the dew point was still high. The sun was still rising. Combine the two and you get a beautiful combination of a natural phenomenon called crepuscular rays. As a woman of faith, this phenomenon presents itself to me as God shining down on me. Well, maybe not me in particular, but on the world, as if the morning fog makes His presence known in a more visible way.

All along the walk, more rays of sunshine, reaching to the sidewalk through the trees, lighting my path. These are the days I feel well and truly blessed. These are the days I know I don't walk alone in this life. With this natural display, God makes himself visible, touching the earth, all-encompassing, raining sun on every inch of the road I walk. Today was particularly impressive in that I had to walk through those rays to get to the sidewalk, through those rays all along my route. What a feeling of peace and comfort.



No comments:

Post a Comment