Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Christmas books?

All my usual book newsletters are sending me Christmas book recommendations. Now I am a big fan of Christmas, and I do love holiday-themed books, but it isn't even Halloween!

I suppose it isn't long before it's time to get in the holiday spirit, but I'm not ready! Should I add them to my TBR list in anticipation? For me, it's a "not yet."

I have a similar problem clothes shopping. The stores are always so far ahead of the seasons that I don't know what to buy. I want something I can wear "now," not in another month or two. Most likely, by the time we get past Halloween, those holiday reads will be harder to find. What's a reader to do?

I'm still looking for spooky reads, Halloween ghosts and witches. Give me another week and then I'll look for a Christmas read. Which brings me to recommendations. Are you looking for a ghost story? Checking out my Epitaph series. But if you're looking for that holiday read, Mist on the Meadow is my kooky way of incorporating a holiday into a book -- Christmas traditions, romance, and a mystery, too.

I'm working on the final installment, the last Benson, in the Epitaph series. This author wants to hear from you. Time for a new series. More ghosts? More romance? More mystery? Or something completely different?

4 comments:

  1. Since I don't celebrate Christmas, I skip over, delete, ignore all the Christmas themed stories. But if they're e-books, they should be available any time, so you can wait. Now I'm wondering if it's too late to offer a sale on my "sort of" Halloween novella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto - I have a whole series that fits right in with Halloween, and I have a Christmas book of my own!

      Delete
  2. I hear you. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be promo-ing (or releasing) my Christmas-themed book yet! Halloween hasn't even passed yet. It's time for Boo! not HoHoHo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good Christmas read, just not yet!

      Delete