Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

I know I'm a day early, and I realize there are folks in other countries who don't celebrate the same day, but I'd like to take the opportunity to express my thanks and gratitude. 

I'm thankful for my family - all of them. For those who have gone ahead of us, for my husband, my children, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins that we've spent so many holidays with. For friends both past and present who have helped shape the person I am. 

I am thankful for those readers who buy my books and support this author's vision and dreams. I'm thankful for readers who recommend my books to their friends. I'm thankful to my father, who with every book of mine he read would always say "this is your best one yet." I am thankful for a second cousin, who recently sent me notes my grandmother wrote when she was a young woman, who reinforced that I came by my ability to write honestly, for the reminder of the book my uncle on the other side of the family wrote in his own endeavor to "be an author." 

In a world that seems to be coming apart at the seams, I am grateful for the opportunities I've had and the life I've been given, even the darkest hours that make me appreciate the many blessings I have.

So, while the actual date of the holidays may no longer find me surrounded by family, I am thankful that we can find alternate days to gather, giving the people I love opportunities to share the bright light of their presence with their "other" families. 

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and a wondrous holiday season!



Now available in Audiobook!

Coming soon,
available for preorder!


6 comments:

  1. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you, Karla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Very Happy Thanksgiving Karla Good Buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said on the family comments! Same to you. Many great Thanksgivings with your folks and mine. [Did you mean my grandmother too our your other one?]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandmother, too! I never knew that side of her! (note from Ardys)

      Delete