Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Next "Best Thing"

While I slog through edits for BREAKING THE MOLD, my mind is racing ahead to what's next.

I went to a book signing at a library, my first in-person event since 2019, and chatted with the other authors there, along with the people who stopped by to say hi. The people who stopped by talked about my "Hallmark" style book - WHILE WE WERE SHOPPING, as well as ENCHANTED MEMORIES with the psychic detective witch. 

There's the "it's a sign!" part of me that thinks the world is directing me toward another "sweet Christmas romance," while I'm also considering laying out a new series. This is where I miss traveling. So many things get triggered by new experiences, but DH is reluctant to get on an airplane these days with all the angry people doing ridiculous things (no argument from me). The good news is we're entering the holiday season, so there are lots of things to do within driving distance, and hopefully we can take advantage of those opportunities. 

Then there's the opportunity to capitalize on all the ridiculous things people are doing. One of my personal character flaws is giving people the benefit of the doubt, which makes for great story opportunities to explain away bad behavior. On the downside, I'm becoming much more cynical about human nature these days. 

While I'm juggling story ideas, I'd love to hear from you. Have you seen a random act of kindness that restored your faith in humanity recently? Or something totally rude that might have been motivated by someone who ran out of options and had nothing else to lose? And here’s the frontrunner currently, based on an article I read recently. Have you ever consulted a medium/psychic? What was your experience?




2 comments:

  1. My mom consulted a psychic and made us change our plane reservations because the psychic saw some trouble with flying at night. Well, the new flight we were on had massive delays (and we were traveling with our 9-month-old) and we ended up landing AFTER our original flight had arrived safely. The psychic did see a problem with flying at night, but she got the "read" all wrong. (Of course, Mom didn't tell us the real reason she'd asked us to change flights; just said it would make her happy to know we were flying in the daytime--until after the fiasco.) I think that was the last time she went in for any kind of readings.

    ReplyDelete