Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A Christmas present to myself

I'm done with BREAKING THE MOLD. It's available for preorder in ebook and paperback, and the audio is in production. The "on sale" date is February 1, 2022. Who else is looking forward to this one?

With that project behind me, it's time to move ahead. I have a fresh idea that I'm working on with and I just read a blurb from someone else that has sparked even more ideas for my next series. I'm anticipating a Night Gallery binge somewhere over the next couple of weeks for more inspiration.

Did you know LIVING CANVAS was inspired by a Night Gallery episode? One with Roddy McDowell where he saw his dead uncle rising from the graveyard in a painting to come knocking on the door (clearly, that didn't happen in MY book, but the visual stuck with me). Another episode that I always remember was washing a spider down the drain. If you didn't see that one, suffice it to say the spider didn't STAY in the drain.

Along this same vein, my condolences go out to Christopher Rice at the loss of his mother, Anne. The Vampire Lestat books were among my favorite vampire books, and her Mayfair Witches inspired me to visit New Orleans. Her settings were rich in detail, and while I didn't always appreciate her cliffhanger endings, I liked the stories enough to keep reading her books. She will be missed.

I may be a little quiet over the next couple of weeks while we celebrate the holidays, but I'm looking forward to new energy at the start of 2022, which I intend to share with you!

Make an author’s Christmas and buy their books. It’s the best present you can give them, appreciation for their months of hard work. I try to keep mine reasonably priced so I don't break your budget! 

For more information,
or to preorder, click here!


2 comments:

  1. Reviews make wonderful gifts, too. Happy Holidays, Karla.

    ReplyDelete