Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Christmas Carols

I find it ironic that one of my favorite Christmas songs is also written by the composer of Carol of the Drum (Little Drummer Boy). Why ironic, you ask? Because I'm not a big fan of the Little Drummer Boy. I do, however, LOVE the rendition by for King & Country.

Katherine K. Davis also composed a lesser-known carol called As It Fell Upon A Night. In all the years since I sang it in choir in grade school, I've struggled to find it recorded anywhere. So off I go down the YouTube rabbit hole to share it with you.


And one more - this is the one my kids will tell you is my favorite. Gloria (Angels We Have Heard on High) is a "bouncy, happy song" that has me directing the orchestra. I used it as a threat to "Gloria" them out of bed and off to school in December when Christmas break didn't come soon enough. 


Do you have a favorite Christmas carol? Hanukkah song? Seasonal music?

4 comments: