Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Empty Nest Syndrome?

I have to say it's a wonderful feeling when I get final edits back and I can address them in the span of two hours. Shocked and amazed, I moved on to the final proof of THE DEMON FROM THE CRYPT. Having Word's "Read" function read the text back to me for those typos that slip by my eyes but which can't escape the ears. The narrator for the Elspeth series will begin work for the audiobook version shortly.

I've sent the book out into the world, rather like a child moving away from home. I’m feeling somewhat melancholy as I wave goodbye and hope it thrives out there in the real world, but it will never be far away. 

And so I've begun writing Elspeth's third book. Interviewed a source, picked up a book from the library, and embarking on more "physical" research. The book has a plan, but I still need details. Taking a breather to gather my thoughts and assemble the research. 

If I don't see you next week, I'll be back on release day. In the meantime, here are the preorder links again, in case you're anxious to meet my newest fledgling.

Coming September 26!

Amazon | BN | Apple | Kobo Others

1 comment: