Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Slow Release


Slow release is a new-to-me term with the arrival of a multi-cooker in my house. Reference: InstantPot or a Ninja Foodi.

R2D2
The final day job deadline was yesterday, and after three months in the pressure cooker, we are now on "slow release." Essentially, instead of people peppering us with work and unreasonable demands, now we go into a steady stream of work, but my team is now running for the hills, taking time off. Decompressing. The work is still there, so those who aren't running immediately will still have to deal with lots to do and less people to do it. Slow release.

With the end of deadline season and fewer very long days, I'm hoping to reclaim some of those hours for myself and my writing. Yes, I have time off scheduled (recuperative, in more ways than one) for 4-6 weeks where I can dedicate myself solely to making up stories once again.

To my team at work - way to go handling very intense deadlines this year. To my readers - I've got some new stuff coming, including a "sweet" holiday romance that I'm shopping.

While I'm redirecting my focus, I'd love to hear from you. What would you like to read more of? In this world we live in, are you finding yourself looking for a different kind of story? Tropes you like better than others? Things you used to like that suddenly feel off? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment